Monday, June 22, 2015

We Are 3! - Perfect Weather - Love Of The Gospel/Mission - Happy - It Is Worth It!

Alright so this week I don't have my camera, because I got a virus on my memory card :( I have to buy a new one soon :( Haha but my awesome companion is being nice enough to let me borrow his camera for the week.


This is us outside of our pension living in paradise! The weather is so nice right now we are loving it! It isn't hot, nor cold! 

Well we had two investigators who were going to be baptized this Saturday... but the week before their baptism... they kinda bailed on us. We were going to an appointment, and they weren't home. The next day, they weren't home either... the next day... same thing. So we have been calling, texting  and passing by the house to see what happened, but we just don't know! So they will not be baptized this Saturday, but we are still hoping that we will be able to find them and get them ready for there baptism.



Well all of a sudden we are 3! We just got a new companion! He is from Salta Argentina and will be with us for a little bit, we aren't sure for how long, but we are happy to have him with us.

I don't have much time to write this week, but I want to share a quick experience. 
The other day, a new missionary in our Zone was telling me that he found a scripture in 3 Nefi about when Jesus Christ was telling the nefites that the "other sheep" that he had mentioned in John chapter 10, were them, in the Americas. He told me that this surprised him so much and that he was literally amazed in the connection that el libro de mormón has with la biblia. In my head, I kind of laughed to my self, thinking, "isnt that a fairly obvious scripture that everyone knows?" and then quickly corrected myself for thinking like that. I realized that 9 or 8 months ago, I had found that same scripture for the first time, and was literally in awe with the power it had in it. 

I guess what I am trying to say is that I am amazed at the spiritual growth I have had in this past year, and how much my scriptural knowledge has increased. I love it. I sometimes think that the knowledge that I have is just something I have, but then as I think and ponder, I realize that it is not like that at all. I realize, that because of constant study, and a true love of the scriptures, of course tied in with lots of faith,I have come to a real understanding of the scriptures, that I never thought possible. That being said, I have lots more to learn... lots more to learn. 

If I come away from this mission loving the scriptures, willing to read them, and study them deeply every day for the rest of my life, just in that, my mission will have been a success. 

I love the mission. I love this Gospel


Elder Graves
Argentina Posadas Mission

LA IGLESIA DE
JESUCRISTO
DE LOS SANTOS
DE LOS ÚLTIMOS DÍAS
 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Write to Elder Graves in 1 of 3 ways  :

1. E-mail tgraves@myldsmail.net

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
2. Send letters through the Church Pouch Mail Only postcards or one-page correspondences (no envelopes).

Fold the letter in thirds, secure the long side with tape about one inch in from each end. Do not seal the ends. Stamp and address the blank side as you would an envelope. Use the following mailing address:
Elder Taylor Graves
Argentina Posadas Mission
POB 30150
Salt Lake City, UT
84130-0150

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
3. Physical Mailing Address:
 
Elder Taylor Graves
Córdoba 1243
Posadas, Misiones 3300
Casilla 12
Argentina

No comments:

Post a Comment