Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Zone Scavenger Hunt Activity!!! - Parents/Father In Heaven Are Happy When Children Are Happy - Joy Comes From Serving Others

Well I don't know if I am going to be able to write very much today, but I will try to type fast! 
Today we got to do a Zone activity! It was so fun! My companion and I had to be up VERY late preparing everything. We did a scavenger hunt. It was huge. They all were assigned a team, and they had to search our town for clues. Once they found a clue, which also had a scripture reference, they would search in their Book of Mormon for the reference, they would find another clue. They did this until they found all 10 of the clues, the last of which led to the Church building. 
 
 
The missionaries loved it! We honestly didnt get to participate, because we had to be inside the church building/cooking tacos for them. Also we sacrificed sleep, about 4 hours, to prepare everything.
 

Today, I learned a very important lesson, the which has made me understand my parents, just a little bit more, as well as my Father In Heaven. My parents for some reason, always wanted to help me. They give me food, a place to sleep, a roof over my head, a good education. Why? Why do they do it? How do they benefit from acting in this way?
My father in heaven gave me this life, he sacrificed the earthly life of his only begotten son, for me, and why? How does he benefit from this?

Mosiah 2:21 "preserving you from day to day, by lending you breath, that ye may live and move and do according to your own will, and even supporting you from one moment to another—I say, if ye should serve him with all your whole souls yet ye would be unprofitable servants."

God recieves joy when we are happy. I don´t think that before the mission I understood that, but now I do.

Moses 1:9 "behold, this is my work and my glory —to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man."

Before I got here on my mission, I didnt understand why my parents sacrificed so much for me, but now I do. The happiness that comes from making others happy, that requires sacrifice on your part, is a much more pure joy, than the joy that comes selfishly. I am grateful to be able to sacrifice my time, sleep, and whatever it takes, to help the missionaries be happy, as well as those who we teach.

I love you all and always love hearing from you
 
Elder Graves
Argentina Posadas Mission
 
 
LA IGLESIA DE
JESUCRISTO
DE LOS SANTOS
DE LOS ÚLTIMOS DÍAS
 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Write to Elder Graves in 1 of 3 ways  :

1. E-mail tgraves@myldsmail.net

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
2. Send letters through the Church Pouch Mail Only postcards or one-page correspondences (no envelopes).

Fold the letter in thirds, secure the long side with tape about one inch in from each end. Do not seal the ends. Stamp and address the blank side as you would an envelope. Use the following mailing address:
Elder Taylor Graves
Argentina Posadas Mission
POB 30150
Salt Lake City, UT
84130-0150

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
3. Physical Mailing Address:
 
Elder Taylor Graves
Córdoba 1243
Posadas, Misiones 3300
Casilla 12
Argentina
 

No comments:

Post a Comment