Monday, December 15, 2014

Working Hard/Following The Spirit - Family Committed To Baptism - People Gather In The Street To Listen

Okay I just want everyone to know that this week me and my companion have really been working hard. Not only in the roads, but in our study sessions trying to figure out how to teach the most effective way possible. We have come up with some good ideas for finding more people and for teaching better with the spirit. It is amazing what can happen when the companionship is united in the teaching. Recently we put a baptismal date with a family because of the new tactics we are trying, like allowing silence if the spirit calls for it, testifying of what my companion says is true, and they are excited to be baptized! We have a lot of work to do with them but we will do everything we can to help them reach their goal of baptism!

As missionaries, we really are trying to "catch em all" so I thought this picture would be extremely appropriate :)
 
​I am not going to take a ton of time to write today because I still have to write my dad a nice long letter (its his birthday!!!!!!) but I wanted to include one of the coolest experiences I have had on my mission so far. (haha don't I always say that!?!?)

We got home from a zone meeting and realized we still had a little bit of time to go out and preach but not enough time to have a full lesson so we were going to just find someone and talk to them about the gospel in the street. We found someone sitting on a bench and started talking to her. We started talking to her about our beliefs and how we have a record that Jesus Christ came to the Americas and how we have a prophet in this day. As we talked, someone else came and started listening, and then someone else started listening, and people just kept coming! In the end there were 12 people listening to us preach about the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. When I bore my testimony of the first vision of Joseph Smith, it was perfectly quiet, you could hear a pin drop. The spirit in that moment was so strong.  We asked the mini crowd who wanted a Book of Mormon and gave everyone who was interested a copy.  I don't know if any of them will be baptized in the future, but what I do know is that they know that I know this church is true.
Well I hope everyone is enjoying the snow while I burn my skin just by stepping outside ;) Haha! It really isn't that bad, i am pretty much used to it by now!

Love you all! But I gotta go!
 <3 Elder Graves/Ash Ketchem



--
Elder Graves
Argentina Posadas Mission

LA IGLESIA DE
JESUCRISTO
DE LOS SANTOS
DE LOS ÚLTIMOS DÍAS
  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Write to Elder Graves in 1 of 4 ways:

1. E-mail tgraves@myldsmail.net
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
2. Send mail through www.DearElder.com
They will print and mail it for you at no cost (without a stamp).  This is a free service.

www.DearElder.com Instructions:
Select the "Argentina Posadas Mission"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
3. Send letters through the Church Pouch Mail Only postcards or one-page correspondences (no envelopes).

Fold the letter in thirds, secure the long side with tape about one inch in from each end. Do not seal the ends. Stamp and address the blank side as you would an envelope. Use the following mailing address:
Elder Taylor Graves
Argentina Posadas Mission
POB 30150
Salt Lake City, UT
84130-0150

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
4. Physical Mailing Address.
Due to exorbitant costs incurred in the country of Argentina by the church, He can not receive packages :-( - not even a bubble envelope. Please refrain from sending anything other than an envelope/letter - anything else will likely be returned to sender.

Elder Taylor Graves
Córdoba 1243
Posadas, Misiones 3300
Casilla 12
Argentina

No comments:

Post a Comment