Tuesday, December 23, 2014

He Is The Gift - Christmas - "My Missionaries = My Parents" - Snoring Newbie In Apartment

 
I cant believe it but we are really in the season of Christmas already! I am so excited to have the chance to "Share the gift" during this Christmas season. I hope you all have had opportunities to share the love and peace that Christ brings to us on a daily basis. Please watch this video it is awesome!

As it is Christmas, I have been told by many missionaries that this was going to be the hardest part of my mission, but so far, I am loving it. For one, Christmas Eve I will be speaking to my family! Woohoo! and secondly, our mission president decided that he wanted us to really have a day to enjoy this Christmas. We aren't supposed to go out and preach, but we have to go out and do something fun for the whole day! We are so excited as a district and I am trying to come up with some fun ideas!


​As a district we set up the coolest Christmas party ever for the Barrio here in Obera! We decided to do a skit for everybody to watch and it was SUPER funny! I am not going to describe the whole skit, but just know that I was a rebellious Pokemon trainer, who didn't want to have Christmas Dinner with the family because I was too busy training my Pikachu.
 
Okay so I am going to switch topics again, I started to realize that truly every person has there missionary. What do I mean by that? Well I have been talking with lots of missionaries (lots of which are converts) and they always talk about "their missionaries", being the missionaries who helped them on their way to conversion. I started thinking about that and how really I have my missionaries in this life too. They are my Parents. I want to publicly thank them, for teaching me the gospel and teaching me to love the Lord. My parents truly were the best missionaries for me and I give thanks daily that they were willing to sacrifice so much, to help me gain a testimony.
I realize how wonderful my parents are every week by the letters they send me. They still support me. They still strengthen my testimony, and still are my missionaries.
My companion just received a letter for the first time in a very long time. When he started reading it, he was close to tears. I asked what happened, and he explained that his dad, for the first time in his life told him he loved him.
My Dad told me that he loves me everyday while I was there, and even now, he writes almost every day, even if it is just a short note to let me know that he loves me. I know that I was blessed with incredible parents and truly never could repay them for all that they have done for me.

Okay I know I am bouncing all over the place with this letter, but I have to explain another trial that I have gone through recently. 
A newbie just got here this transfer and he is super cool and is really excited to work hard. His companionship shares a house with us. Although he is a super great missionary and really awesome..... he snores.... a lot.... like louder than a chainsaw.... haha. For four straight days this past week I had less than 5 hours of sleep because of his snoring and that is not safe for how much walking and physical hard labor that we do. I started getting sick and my body started to get reaaally achy! I could barely turn my neck and it was getting hard to stay awake while walking... yeah. Finally we decided to call the mission nurse and she simply told me to start using earplugs and go to bed an hour and a half early. So I did that, and wow I feel so much better... to be honest I'm not really sure why I shared that experience, but I just thought it was funny!

Well gotta go now! Know that I love you all and appreciate all the letters that are sent my way!

Have an AWESOME Christmas #ÉleslaDádiva
 
 
This is me enjoying the wonderful "Christmas Weather"
 
 
Elder Graves
Argentina Posadas Mission

LA IGLESIA DE
JESUCRISTO
DE LOS SANTOS
DE LOS ÚLTIMOS DÍAS
 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Write to Elder Graves in 1 of 4 ways:

1. E-mail tgraves@myldsmail.net
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
2. Send mail through www.DearElder.com
They will print and mail it for you at no cost (without a stamp).  This is a free service.

www.DearElder.com Instructions:
Select the "Argentina Posadas Mission"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
3. Send letters through the Church Pouch Mail Only postcards or one-page correspondences (no envelopes).

Fold the letter in thirds, secure the long side with tape about one inch in from each end. Do not seal the ends. Stamp and address the blank side as you would an envelope. Use the following mailing address:
Elder Taylor Graves
Argentina Posadas Mission
POB 30150
Salt Lake City, UT
84130-0150

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
4. Physical Mailing Address.
Due to exorbitant costs incurred in the country of Argentina by the church, He can not receive packages :-( - not even a bubble envelope. Please refrain from sending anything other than an envelope/letter - anything else will likely be returned to sender.

Elder Taylor Graves
Córdoba 1243
Posadas, Misiones 3300
Casilla 12
Argentina
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment