Monday, October 13, 2014

Armando's Baptism - Interview w/Mission President - Only in their area 12 of 30 days - McDonalds with Zone Leader - Taylor's companion = Enoc Joseph Smith Silva

So we finally had our Baptism that we have been preparing for for a LONG time! Due to MANY delays, it was postponed and postponed, but finally it happened. I had the awesome opportunity to confirm Armando a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints and give him a blessing! It was a really special experience for both of us. My companion got to baptize him and I have some pretty sweet pictures... but this computer I am at is sooooo slowwwww. So I am just going to send one :)


This picture is of Armando and I liked the way he seemed to be pondering about the importance of baptism and the covenant he was about to make! So so proud of him!!!!
Okay so I don't have my notebook of all the things I planned on sharing so this week might not be as long as normal, because I cant really remember everything with out my notebook.
So I really only have time to write about one thing today, I plan on writing more next week, but we are again very limited on time because we are not in our area (again...). I had an interview with the President of the mission. I told him about our struggles, and how it was very hard to help people progress when we had only been in our area 12 out of the 30 days in the month (normal would be about 24-25). I told him it almost felt like it wasn't worth traveling 6 hours out to Lopez only to return to the Encarnacion 2 days later. He told me he had carefully prayed about this exact problem, and he said that for some reason he was still prompted that it will always be worth it to have missionaries in Lopez. I am glad to have such a powerful and wise leader as the president of our mission who is willing to listen to the promptings of the spirit.
Love you guys. I know its lame how short this was, but like always there is literally no time. I will dedicate more time to the general email next week! 
Love you all!!!
ELDER GRAVES



Oh yeah... my zone leader Elder Sanchez and I were twins at BURGER KING!

P.S. My companion is so awesome that his full name is Enoc Joseph Smith Silva" True story by the way...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Write to Elder Graves in 1 of 4 ways:

1. E-mail tgraves@myldsmail.net
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
2. Send mail through www.DearElder.com
They will print and mail it for you at no cost (without a stamp).  This is a free service.

www.DearElder.com Instructions:
Select the "Argentina Posadas Mission"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
3. Send letters through the Church Pouch Mail Only postcards or one-page correspondences (no envelopes).

Fold the letter in thirds, secure the long side with tape about one inch in from each end. Do not seal the ends. Stamp and address the blank side as you would an envelope. Use the following mailing address:
Elder Taylor Graves
Argentina Posadas Mission
POB 30150
Salt Lake City, UT
84130-0150

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
4. Physical Mailing Address.
Due to exorbitant costs incurred in the country of Argentina by the church, He can not receive packages :-( - not even a bubble envelope. Please refrain from sending anything other than an envelope/letter - anything else will likely be returned to sender.

Elder Taylor Graves
Córdoba 1243
Posadas, Misiones 3300
Casilla 12
Argentina

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE you letters, Taylor. Thank you for all the pictures and sharing your experiences with all of us.
    I love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete