Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Pictures From Taylor's 1st Primary Talk (age 3) - Posadas vs Tacuari - Dario Preparing For Baptism - Committed To The Work Of The Lord

This is Taylor's Dad:  

Taylor was unable to spend much time writing to us nor was he able to send any pictures home this week :-(  He has been very busy in his new assignment in Posadas, Argentina

Kirsten (Taylor's Mom) and I have been reminiscing - thinking of Taylor (and our other children) when they were younger.  We watched  a home video this evening of Taylor practicing his first primary talk (3 years old) - all by himself (but practiced with Mom at home) about having faith in Jesus Christ.  He taught that if we just plant the seed of faith, it will grow "like a plant".    Taylor began his preparations to serve from a very young age.  We sure love him! 

In the absence of any new mission pictures, here he is preparing to serve a mission:

Scroll to the bottom for more pictures of 3 year old Taylor, preparing to serve.


Scroll to the bottom for more pictures of 3 year old Taylor, preparing to serve. 

 Here is Taylor's letter home:

Well I have to say that I am sorry because this week I will not be able to write very much to you all. I really wanted to, but I have really become quite busy recently and had to write a couple of urgent letters that took a lot of time!

This week we arrived in Tacuari which I found out really is a street name in Posadas, (the main part of our mission!) and really got to work. The potential for this area is phenomenal and we are really excited to get going. We already have someone who is preparing for baptism on the 31st, his name is Dario and would be an incredible addition to the Ward here! 

Well, I really have no time, but before I say goodbye for the week, I want to share something that Thomas S. Monson said when he become an Apostle of the Lord. In words something like this he said I now pledge my life to the Lord Jesus Christ. He said that with such power. I had the opportunity to listen to his talk when he was made an Apostle I realized something. I have pledged my 2 years to the Lord. How small is that. How small is that really. I ask my self, am I willing to put my WHOLE LIFE into this work? I hope the answer would be yes. That should be the journey for each of us, to be able to basically hand over our life to the lord, and tell him, as said  Jesus, not my will, but thine be done. Every day, we have the choice to do the will of God, or the will of our own minds, and I pray that we all have the opportunity to do  as the Lord would counsel us.

I apologize for not sharing experiences this week, but there really is not time and I have to go now, but expect lots of interesting things in the blog entry that follows!

LOVE YOU ALL!!!!

P.S.  I was going to add fotos! But the computer here isn't working with fotos! I will send lots next week I promise


Elder Graves
Argentina Posadas Mission
LA IGLESIA DE
JESUCRISTO
DE LOS SANTOS
DE LOS ÚLTIMOS DÍAS

Dear Brother's and Sisters...







Faith is like a seed...

If planted it will grow...


 

and grow...

I have faith in Jesus...


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Write to Elder Graves in 1 of 4 ways:

1. E-mail tgraves@myldsmail.net

 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
2. Send mail through www.DearElder.com
They will print and mail it for you at no cost (without a stamp).  This is a free service.

www.DearElder.com Instructions:
Select the "Argentina Posadas Mission"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
3. Send letters through the Church Pouch Mail Only postcards or one-page correspondences (no envelopes).

Fold the letter in thirds, secure the long side with tape about one inch in from each end. Do not seal the ends. Stamp and address the blank side as you would an envelope. Use the following mailing address:
Elder Taylor Graves
Argentina Posadas Mission
POB 30150
Salt Lake City, UT
84130-0150

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
4. Physical Mailing Address.
Due to exorbitant costs incurred in the country of Argentina by the church, He can not receive packages :-( - not even a bubble envelope. Please refrain from sending anything other than an envelope/letter - anything else will likely be returned to sender.

Elder Taylor Graves
Córdoba 1243
Posadas, Misiones 3300
Casilla 12
Argentina 

No comments:

Post a Comment