Monday, November 17, 2014

Big House - Birthday Ice Cream Cake! - Splits with Elder Murrillo (A.P.) - Answered Prayers




Okay, so I just realized that I never showed you guys where we live right now... okay not really, but that would be pretty cool! I just had to show everyone that some of the houses we teach are soooo big. A lot of the time, we have to ring a bell, and they put a camera on our faces and they ask us through a speaker phone "¿que hacen?" which is like what are you guys doing? And then we talk for a bit, and if we are lucky they will come out! SUUUUPER "chuchi" or rich looking. Sometimes it is actually pretty hard to get lessons here, and when we do get them, it is hard to get return lessons. I have really learned a lot of things in this area already. One of them is DEFINITELY patience. Haha.


​Well I should have put this first,... but oh well. My whole district surprised me with an Ice Cream cake at the very end of my birthday! It was awesome! We went in to an office in the church to work on some paper work or so they told me, and then the Hermanas came and started singing happy birthday! So that was awesome!


Well, Elder Murrillo (an assistant to the President) and I got to have divisions this week and it was so fun! He really knows how to teach people! I loved it! He will be leaving soon (2 weeks) and it is actually pretty sad for every body, because he really does inspire our mission. I was really happy to have the opportunity to be part of his last part of his mission. 

Well I dont have much more time, but I just want to tell you all one last story. Our branch decided that we needed to start praying for investigators to find the missionaries and not only for the missionaries to find investigators. The whole branch has been praying for this to happen, and yesterday we were walking in the road and a man ran us down saying "Mormons! Mormons! I want you to teach me about the man Joseph Smith!!!" 
If that wasnt a direct answer to our prayers, I dont know what would be. I know the power of prayer is powerful, and the prayer united by a ward or even by just a family can be even stronger. We taught him, and he loved the message. We were saddened to find out that he is traveling to Buenos Aires, the next day, but I pray that he will find more missionaries to continue teaching him.

I love you all and I love this gospel

Elder Graves

PS. If I talk weird in these letters I am sorry. I dont think my English has been that badly effected yet, but I really do have to struggle for some phrases that I cant remember perfectly! Weird right??


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Write to Elder Graves in 1 of 4 ways:

1. E-mail tgraves@myldsmail.net
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
2. Send mail through www.DearElder.com
They will print and mail it for you at no cost (without a stamp).  This is a free service.

www.DearElder.com Instructions:
Select the "Argentina Posadas Mission"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
3. Send letters through the Church Pouch Mail Only postcards or one-page correspondences (no envelopes).

Fold the letter in thirds, secure the long side with tape about one inch in from each end. Do not seal the ends. Stamp and address the blank side as you would an envelope. Use the following mailing address:
Elder Taylor Graves
Argentina Posadas Mission
POB 30150
Salt Lake City, UT
84130-0150

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
4. Physical Mailing Address.
Due to exorbitant costs incurred in the country of Argentina by the church, He can not receive packages :-( - not even a bubble envelope. Please refrain from sending anything other than an envelope/letter - anything else will likely be returned to sender.

Elder Taylor Graves
Córdoba 1243
Posadas, Misiones 3300
Casilla 12
Argentina

No comments:

Post a Comment